Skip to main content
This site and some of it's functionality will not work on Internet Explorer. Please use a more modern browser.

How can I dispute a violation?

You can dispute a violation by filling out the "Contest of Notice" portion of your "Notice of Toll Evasion." This notice is typically mailed to you within two weeks of driving The Toll Roads without paying. Please include a written explanation for contesting the violation. We will investigate the circumstances and provide the results by mail.

If you are not satisfied with the results of the initial investigation, you can request an administrative review within 60 days of the postmark date of the results of the initial investigation. If you are not satisfied with the results of the second review, you can file an appeal with the municipal court. The procedures for administrative review and appeal are set forth in California Vehicle Code, Section 40255 and 40256.

Topic: Toll Violations FAQs

View All FAQs