Military & Veteran Programs
Members of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard) serving on Active Duty who drive The Toll Roads (State Routes 73, 133, 241 and 261) without paying and receive a Notice of Toll Evasion in the mail are subject to pay the toll only with no penalties assessed. An Active Duty member, their spouse or domestic partner must be the registered owner of the vehicle at the time the toll was incurred. To take advantage of The Toll Roads Military Program, drivers must open a FasTrak® account, and send a copy of proof of Active Duty to CustomerService@thetollroads.com. This program is a one-time courtesy for Active Duty members only and cannot be used for tolls incurred prior to January 2016. Only tolls that were incurred while a member of the U.S. Armed Forces is serving on active duty are eligible for this program.
Vehicles registered to an active FasTrak® account and displaying a qualifying* California veteran license plate drive toll-free on The Toll Roads and certain other toll facilities in California on and after January 1, 2023, pursuant to Vehicle Code § 23301.3.
The following California license plate types that qualify*:
- Disabled veteran
- Pearl Harbor survivor
- Army Medal of Honor, Navy Medal of Honor, Air Force Medal of Honor, Army Distinguished Service Cross, Navy Cross or Air Force Cross
- Former American prisoner of war
- Congressional Medal of Honor
- Purple Heart
If you have an active FasTrak account with The Toll Roads and a qualifying license plate, please submit the following via email CustomerService@thetollroads.com or fax (949) 727-4991 for review:
- Image of the license plate
- Copy of the vehicle’s valid registration
- Number on the transponder mounted on the vehicle (preferably an image of the number)
The Toll Roads will review the information provided and send you an email or letter that either identifies that additional information is necessary, confirms that the vehicle is eligible for the veteran exemption and identifies next steps, or notifies you that the vehicle is not currently eligible for the veteran exemption.
* The license plate must be issued pursuant to one of the following sections of the California Vehicle Code: 5007, 5101.3, 5101.4, 5101.5, 5101.6, 5101.8.