241/91 Express Connector
The 241/91 Express Connector Project is a proposed direct connector from the northbound 241 Toll Road to the eastbound 91 Express Lanes and from the westbound 91 Express Lanes to the southbound 241 Toll Road.
Sign up to stay informed of project updates.
View the October 2019 press release on the project.
Aerial View of the 241/91 Express Connector ProjectThe 241/91 Express Connector Project will provide improved connectivity between the 91 Express Lanes and the 241 Toll Road. The project will also enhance operations for State Route 91’s general purpose lanes and northbound SR 241.
The Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency (F/ETCA) is working with Caltrans, the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) and Riverside County Transportation Authority (RCTC) on the project. Agreements to document roles and responsibilities for funding, delivery and operation of the project are under development by this multi-agency team.
The project’s planned construction is aligned with other planned improvements in the area including the 15/91 Express Lanes Connector, State Route 91 Corridor Operations Project and the 71/91 Interchange Project.
Initial build-out of The Toll Road system (including the 241 Toll Road) was completed in the late 1990s. In 1994, the 241/91 Express Connector Project was approved as an identified and anticipated future improvement project.
- Improved connectivity between and operations on the 91 Express Lanes and the 241 Toll Road
- Help maintain reliable travel times and free flow speeds during peak periods on the 91 Express Lanes
- Reduce weaving across multiple general purpose lanes between the 241 Toll Road and 91 Express Lanes
Project Quick Facts:
- The project is currently in the final design phase
- If approved, construction would take approximately two years
- The project is estimated to create 2,250 jobs
- The project's estimated cost is $250 million
- The F/ETCA is expecting to fund the project with unrestricted cash
- The proposed connector will be tolled
- View the project’s fact sheet (PDF)
- Sign up for project alerts
- Follow The Toll Roads on social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram