TCA is accepting applications from upper division undergraduate students for a paid internship in our External Affairs division. If you want to apply your education, knowledge and abilities in the workplace, see below for details.
The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing and operating California’s largest toll road network. The 51-mile public toll road network, which includes State Routes 73, 133, 241 and 261, are owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. TCA uses innovative approaches to provide regional mobility solutions that decrease congestion and improve quality of life.
TCA is Committed to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion are core values at TCA. We are committed to creating an inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve, where everyone feels empowered to be the best version of themselves and where all forms of diversity are viewed as valuable.
Examples of Duties/Types of Projects
- Assist with proactive community outreach efforts
- Prepare materials and other correspondence
- Write, proof and edit documents
- Track, monitor and report city council agendas
- Transcribe notes from public meetings
- Undertake research assignments and report findings
- Meeting and event planning, coordination and support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Command of AP Style a plus
- Skilled in web-based research and search techniques
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to interact with the public at large community events
- Professional demeanor
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint)
- Use of social media on behalf of a public agency or professional organization
- Time management skills to handle multiple projects
- Ability to concisely communicate pertinent information, both written and orally
- Perform entry-level professional work
- Detail oriented
Education and Experience Required
Must be a junior or senior attending an accredited college or university with a GPA of no less than 2.5 in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, Public Administration, Government Relations, Urban Studies, Business or related field. Candidate must have a keen interest in communications, Public Affairs or community outreach.
No experience required.
Duties are performed indoors in an office environment and outdoors at community events or meetings. Ability to work some evenings and weekends as available. Typically, light physical activity; occasional moderate lifting of boxes or equipment that generally does not exceed 50 lbs.
Hours/Schedule: Approximately 20 hours per week
Undergraduate interns (junior or senior) are eligible for an hourly pay rate of $16.00/hour.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com no later than 10/3/2021 for first consideration.
It is the policy of TCA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TCA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.