KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Engaging in effective Project Management / Planning / Design / Construction; Department and Cross-Department Coordination; serving in a lead role for Inter-agency and Public Involvement; and performing Operational Tasks.
- Overseeing the planning, design, construction and maintenance of assigned engineering projects.
- Administering engineering contracts and overseeing the completion of project deliverables by consultants.
- Monitoring the status of The Toll Roads system and impacts of projects on customers and facilities.
- Overseeing and/or conducting technical studies; preparing technical reports, cooperative agreements, MOUs, project schedules, and cost estimates for assigned projects.
- Conducting presentations and representing TCA at public meetings and conferences.
Please see the job description for this position for more information about the role and requirements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BRING
- Ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible experience managing and directing technical engineering work related to highway, bridge, and other infrastructure as well as project management experience pertaining to the planning, design and construction of engineering projects.
- Experience working with Caltrans District 12 staff to develop and implement highway projects and improvements.
- Educational qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- State of California Professional Civil Engineers license or equivalent.
- Valid Class C California Driver's License and a clean driving record.
SUMMARY OF WORK ENVIRONMENT, BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- TCA offers a professional, friendly work environment and a “flex” 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off.
- An excellent benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous retirement pension plus up to 2% match to retirement savings account
- Competitive annual leave/paid time off package
- Life insurance, short-and long-term disability options
- Flex spending accounts for healthcare and/or dependent care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Training & Development opportunities
- The starting pay range for this role is expected to be $121–$160k annualized.
The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) were created with the very clear mission of enhancing mobility in Orange County and Southern California by developing and operating publicly-owned toll facilities as a part of the regional transportation system. TCA is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing, and operating California’s largest toll road network, which are public roads owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. We work every day to provide a time-saving and reliable alternative to Southern California’s congested freeways.
If you love driving The Toll Roads, then you’ll love working at The Toll Roads!
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and your interest in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org
For first consideration, please apply by January 31, 2020. This recruitment may close at any time once the needs of TCA are met.
Transportation Corridor Agencies
125 Pacifica, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618-3304
It is the policy of TCA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TCA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. TCA is a drug-free work environment and we conduct pre-employment and reasonable suspicion testing.