Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly qualified Controller to join our innovative public-sector organization with an excellent benefits package which includes medical/dental/life, defined benefit pension and 457 retirement savings plan with employer match, annual leave/paid time off, paid holidays and a 9/80 work schedule. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller plans, organizes, and directs the work of supervisory, professional, technical and clerical accounting staff in the preparation of a variety of financial and accounting records. There will be an immediate opportunity to prepare for an upcoming audit and longer-term opportunities to gain broader exposure through participation in agency-wide initiatives.
Examples of key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of financial statements and reports, including collecting, interpreting, and reporting of data to provide status of organization’s financial condition.
- Act as principal liaison with external auditors; ensure timely issuance and distribution of audited financial reports.
- Review, update, monitor and enforce policies and procedures to support effective internal controls.
- Assist in monitoring the financial accounting system, as well as the ADP payroll and business intelligence software systems.
- Review processing and ensure accuracy of payables and payroll.
- Serve as principal liaison with banking institutions; review monthly bank fee analysis for appropriateness of charges; review and approve banking disbursements.
- Monitor compliance with master indentures of trust; assure receipts and disbursements between funds are made correctly; work with Director of Finance and Manager, Treasury Operations, on forecasts of indenture funds.
- Assist in planning, development and execution of new initiatives. Identify opportunities for improvements, including revenue opportunities, operating efficiencies, cost reductions and systems enhancements.
- Select, train, and coach employees to maximize employee engagement and productivity.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate for the Controller position will bring a strong audit background and proven accounting and financial reporting experience; be a proactive, big-picture thinker who also has a strong detail-orientation; and have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively with others to move concepts, projects and work assignments toward timely and successful completion.
Required Education, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a closely-related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- CPA license
- Demonstrated successful experience in professional accounting/auditing management and related administrative experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Auditing principles and practices
- Internal financial controls
- Financial reporting, including generally accepted accounting principles and practices; experience with government financial reporting is also desirable
- Financial Administration, including automated financial systems such as ledgers, journals, reconciliations, and general ledger accounting, and record keeping practices
- Ability to develop, organize, and prepare narrative and statistical reports to explain or record financial transactions, revenue sources, and status of accounts
- Financial and accounting software and spreadsheet skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and political savvy; ability to work both cooperatively and independently
- Effective employee performance management techniques
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and rules
Please see the job description for this position for more information about the role and requirements.
SUMMARY OF WORK ENVIRONMENT, BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
- TCA offers a professional, friendly work environment, along with a “flex” 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off
- An excellent benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous retirement pension plus up to 2% match to retirement savings account
- Competitive annual leave/paid time off package
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
Starting salary is expected to be in the range of $121–160K annually and will depend on the selected candidate’s relevant qualifications and experience.
The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) were created with the very clear mission of enhancing mobility in Orange County and Southern California by developing and operating publicly-owned toll facilities as a part of the regional transportation system. TCA is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing, and operating California’s largest toll road network, which are public roads owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. We work every day to provide a time-saving and reliable alternative to Southern California’s congested freeways.
If you love driving The Toll Roads, then you’ll love working at The Toll Roads!
HOW TO APPLY
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and your interest in this opportunity to email@example.com
This recruitment will be open for a minimum of seven calendar days. Apply now for consideration as this recruitment may close at any time once the needs of TCA are met.
Transportation Corridor Agencies
125 Pacifica, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618-3304
It is the policy of TCA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TCA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. TCA is a drug-free work environment and we conduct pre-employment and reasonable suspicion testing.