Key Responsibilities Include:
High-energy individual exhibiting high levels of attention to detail, time management and follow-through. Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain connections and relationships between local, state and federal officials and TCA. The ideal candidate in this role should have a positive attitude, is highly ethical and is committed to diversity, openness, flexibility, integrity and kindness.
- Assist in developing annual state and federal legislative platforms outlining the Agencies’ statutory, regulatory, legislative and administrative goals and objectives.
- Assist in analyzing legislative proposals and bills to determine theirimpact on TCA.
- Assist in the development of legislative strategies on major issues, impactful legislation and State and Federal regulations.
- Work collaboratively to develop and communicate TCA messages to target audiences to support TCA’s legislative platform and strategic goals promoting accurate information and understanding about TCA.
- Work with a variety of regional civic, community, advocacy and business leaders to advance TCA initiatives and goals.
- Serve as an active member of civic and community organizations providing visibility for TCA.
- Assist in the development of correspondence, fact sheets, advocacy and white papers, briefing packages, talking points, presentations and documents as part of TCA’s public outreach program.
- Give presentations about TCA projects to business leaders, advocacy groups and community leaders.
What We Are Seeking/Role Requirements:
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in legislative and governmental relations, public relations and community outreach.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public relations, political science, public affairs, communications, journalism or a closely related field; a master’s degree is desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of intergovernmental relations, public affairs, media relations and public relations; understanding of good public advocacy practices, strong communication principles; and a high comfort level working with elected officials, the media and the public.
Summary of Work Environment, Benefits and Compensation:
- TCA offers a professional, friendly work environment, along with a “flex” 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off;
- Possibility for a hybrid work schedule
- An excellent benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous retirement pension plus up to 2% match to retirement savings account
- Competitive annual leave/paid time off package
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability options
- Flex spending accounts for healthcare and/or dependent care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- The starting pay range for this role is expected to be $125–$150k annualized.
The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) were created with the very clear mission of enhancing mobility in Orange County and Southern California by developing and operating publicly-owned toll facilities as a part of the regional transportation system. TCA is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing, and operating California’s largest toll road network, which are public roads owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. We work every day to provide a time-saving and reliable alternative to Southern California’s congested highways.
If you love driving The Toll Roads, you’ll love working at The Toll Roads!
How To Apply:
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and your interest in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This recruitment will be open for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Apply now for consideration as this recruitment may close at any time once the needs of TCA are met.
Transportation Corridor Agencies
125 Pacifica, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618-3304
It is the policy of TCA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TCA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. TCA is a drug-free work environment and we conduct pre-employment and reasonable suspicion testing.