On The Toll Roads, all vehicles are charged a toll 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, some tolling agencies in California offer discounted rates or free rides to carpooling and/or high occupancy vehicles. It is a driver's responsibility to know the unique rules and toll rates for each toll facility they use.
Some facilities require a hardcase FasTrak switchable transponder to receive carpool and/or high occupancy vehicle discounts. Hardcase FasTrak switchable transponders have a small black switch that can be moved to indicate the number of occupants in the vehicle. Prior to starting each trip, it is the driver's responsibility to indicate the number of occupants in the vehicle by moving the switch to the appropriate setting (1, 2, 3+).
For more information please visit:
- 91 Express Lanes (www.91expresslanes.com) (Opens in a new window)
- SR 125 South Bay Expressway (www.southbayexpressway.com) (Opens in a new window)
- I-15 Express Lanes ( http://fastrak.511sd.com) (Opens in a new window)
- LA Metro Express Lanes (www.metroexpresslanes.net) (Opens in a new window)
- Bay Area FasTrak (www.bayareafastrak.org) (Opens in a new window)